
My blue bicycle with its fifteen speeds
Is ready to go anywhere to take in the view.
It's almost as though it knows my needs.
She responds to my cues as she knew
Where we were going and how to get there.
Her gears shift smoothly, quietly, never slipping.
The brakes can stop on my heartbeat.
A kid jumps in our path and we give him a scare
Then here come the hills, and we go whipping
Pedals flying, scarcely touching my feet.
Then she pops a sudden flat tire
And it's off to the bike shop for an hour.
I wonder if they have any bikes for hire.
An hour's a long time with no power.
But the withdrawal's not too bad and I survive.
It's time to get my iPod and go for a ride.
The bike likes classic jazz and I go for rock.
I love my bicycle and how she makes me feel alive.
Once I thought she was stolen and, oh, how I cried.
Today she wears a bigger, better steel-plated lock.
Oh you fleet of movement
Who races through the roads
Pedaling is such an improvement
Over walking and carrying loads.
Backpack strapped on for shopping
Good for up to sixty pounds of wares
One fast ride home without breaking a sweat.
Then time for a joyride without stopping
Leaving behind my worries and cares.
And get her home before the sun does set.
ababcdecde
No comments:
Post a Comment