Pages JODY SKIP THIS EDITION. I REVISED IN JUST A FEW MORE ROLL DOWNS...

Monday, March 23, 2009

RESUME

MARYELLEN GRADY
15 S. Spring Avenue, 1C
LaGrange, IL 60525
(708) 482-4984
email: missmarymac0040@sbcglobal.net


OBJECTIVE: To provide professionally written, expert topics and keywords on a freelance basis.

EDUCATION: Bachelor of Arts Degree, Major: English with Specialization in Writing
Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, June 1982

Some graduate work in Counseling Psychology, Addictions, Education and
Knowledge Management, making me knowledgeable in these areas.

QUALIFICATIONS:
● More than 30 years writing experience
● Expert in field of addictions/substance abuse, teaching, psychology, and English
● Former fiction and poetry editor who worked on editing free-lance writers
* Former assistant editor of large-circulation national print magazine
● Professionally experienced proofreader, editor and copywriter
● Extremely knowledgeable about many subjects including politics, creative writing,
education, entertainment, health and fitness, news and current events.


RELEVANT EXPERIENCE:

2002-2009 Self Employed
I have worked both as a published freelance writer during this time, and as the owner of my own company FeedYourHead Books. I sell books online through Amazon.com Marketplace. Both jobs have increased my organizational skills, called on me to meet goals in a timely fashion, stay current and meet deadlines. My writing niche areas are: health, alternative health, yoga, dieting, dining, food, nutrition, internet, writing, restaurants, memoirs, volunteering, moms and kids, fitness, fashion, beauty, medicine, education, and fiction and poetry among others.

Prior to this period, I worked as a staff associate and legislative intern for Progress Center for Indepdent Living in Forest Park, IL where I learned how to advocate for the rights of the disabled including lobbying in Springfield, IL.

I worked for ten years as a certified substance abuse counselor in a variety of hospitals and a free-standing clinics. In this capacity I worked with a diverse cross-section of clients and their families. I created innovative new programs for couples, families, aftercare outreach, children and clients about to be discharged. I was responsible for one-to-one and group counseling and initial patient assessments as well as assessing new patients in emergency room and psychiatric units.

Assistant Editor/Fiction and Poetry Editor
Dialogue Magazine for the Visually Impaired
I wrote columns and articles, selected freelance material, worked with freelance writers, and worked on fund-raising newsletter. I did proofreading and paste-up to prepare camera-ready copy of magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment