Pages JODY SKIP THIS EDITION. I REVISED IN JUST A FEW MORE ROLL DOWNS...

Monday, March 23, 2009

HELP ME STOP BEING A NAGGING MOM

Lord Help Me Stop Being a Berating, Nagging Mom
3/19/09

Will I ever learn to just listen to my kids, now adults?
Why do I persist in filling their ears with insults?
Their too old now to need my "told you so's"
They don't care anymore what Mom knows.

No need to warn them about each little thing
They are of an age now where they can take wing
I miss so many loving times with them.
All because of the same need to condemn.

By now she knows I think she drinks a great deal
My asking if she's hungover has lost it's appeal.
And he knows I don't like him smoking pot
So why do I harp on it and ask what he's got?

I break their hearts when I scorn their dreams.
Why do I find fault with their plans and schemes?
Please, God, help me keep my big trap closed.
And stop giving answers when no question is posed.

It's definitely time to let go and let the Lord
The repitition is so bad that I'm totally bored.
"Mind your manners, don't dress like a slut"
I am in a time warp of a motherhood rut.

No comments:

Post a Comment