Pages JODY SKIP THIS EDITION. I REVISED IN JUST A FEW MORE ROLL DOWNS...

Monday, March 23, 2009

MENTAL MASTURBATION VS. MEDITATION

I have such a very noisy mind
Meditation seems impossible.
It seems that I shall never find
What teachers say is possible.

Not in touch with my soul
Just what to eat for dinner.
Just two minutes' peace is my goal
I am always on the outside and can't gp inner.

If I could only stop the thoughts--clear the junk.
And be in touch with what my soul feels.
If meditation were a class, I'd flunk.
It's as if my petty thoughts were on greased wheels.

What to do for the birthday of my mom?
Should I go on a diet now or not?
My spirit brings no peace or balm.
My head is so damned full of rot.

I sneak another peak at the clock
Has it even been a quarter of an hour?
Why do I have this great mental block?
My ego is the one with all the power.

No comments:

Post a Comment