
Dear God, I ask for the faith to live this day
As you would have me live it.
Tell me what to do today, I pray.
Let me carry out your will and not quit.
For I believe that your will for me is to love.
It is a birth to a way of life that makes me whole.
It is an all day inspiration that comes from above.
It's like I can hear your voice instructing my soul.
I wake up excited in the morning, Lord.
I can't wait to see what we will do today.
I finish my coffee, and I feel my soul has soared.
I only want to do whatever it is you say.
Because when I am self-will run riot
My days are all about resentment and greed.
That's why I meditate and go inwards into the quiet.
Saying what you would have me say is my creed.
How can I thank you, God, for giving me a new life?
I was so lost in my ego and all my petty conflicts.
I despaired of your help while I lived in strife.
I was like a child with a broken toy that I wanted you to fix.
I brought you the toy but I wouldn't let go.
You tried to tell me I had to give it up so it could be made new.
I stayed in pain, such horrible pain, until I agreed to grow.
Then all of your promises began to come true.
No comments:
Post a Comment