Pages JODY SKIP THIS EDITION. I REVISED IN JUST A FEW MORE ROLL DOWNS...

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

THE BEST YOGA STUDIOS IN BOSTON AREA

Citysearch of Boston 2008 did a survey of readers and listed the yoga studios that users voted as the best in Boston. Below are the studios and some of the comments by voters as to why each is the best.

Dahn Yoga and Healing
235 Harvard St.
Brookline, MA 02446
Dahn Yoga Studio also offers classes in meditation, energy healing and stress management. It was also voted the best of Citysearch 2007. Their message is, "Stretch your body, calm your mind, rejuvenate your spirit. Increase physical fitness. Reduce stress. Lose weight."

Dahn Yoga basic yoga class is a mix of gentle exercises and is unlike traditional yoga. It is a modernized blend of stretching and meditation accompanied by breathing and relaxation techniques. Its purpose is to release stagnant energy and enhance blood and energy circulation throughout the body.

One voter's comments: "I've practiced at the center for three years now and have to say there's nothing like it. I tried many other yoga and meditation practices, but this one is definitely the best. The instructors are very warm and energetic. The exercises are different than traditional Hatha Yoga, but actually quite amazing."


Inner Strength Yoga
309 Main St.
Watertown, MA 02472
Acclaimed yoga studio offers classes in various styles, as well as massage and personal training services. "New England's best yoga-based wellness center." Focus on cardiovascular strength, flexibility and strength and endurance. From blurb on website: "Inner Strength is an oasis in the spiritually parched land of materialism, narcissism and egoist mind sets. In a world of competition and comparison Inner Strength encourages you to be yourself, to move at your own pace and arrive when you're ready."

One voter's comments: "The best yoga, hands down throughout Boston and surrounding areas. I have been to many studios and have never encountered somewhere like Inner Strength. Roman, his teachers and trainers are all experienced, motivating, and well-versed about the practice of yoga and the overall health of your body. I have seen a positive change in my mood, alertness and overall sense of well-being..."

Roslindale Yoga Studio
4155 Washington St.
Roslindale, MA 02131
Roslindale Yoga Studio offers an eclectic mix of styles including Vinyasa, Svaroopa, Anusara-inspired, Integral gentle, Power and Yin.
Voter's comments: "...The Roslindale Yoga Studio is the best in the area. The owner and instructors are as helpful and as experienced as you could find in every aspect of yoga. The studio is clean and comfortable with blankets, eye pillows and free mats."

Prana Power Yoga
282 Centre St.
Newton, MA 02458
With no membership fees and a welcoming atmosphere, acclaimed Newton yoga studio offers an ideal environment for beginners.
Voter's comments: "Prana is life changing! The culture is warm and engaging. The owners and teachers are down to earth and love talking with the students. I love the flow because it changes depending on the energy of the group, but they will always challenge you in ways you never expected. The studio is neat and clean, and they have great hours for classes every day of the week."

Back Bay Yoga Studio
1112 Boylston St.
Boston, MA
Calm oasis in the Back Bay offers more than a half-dozen varieties of yoga.
Voter's comments: "I took a lesson at Back Bay Yoga Studio recently to see if I would like it and I loved it. They offer classes with about a dozen different kinds of yoga. I felt calm from the moment I walked in the front door. The instructor was great. She did a great job guiding us through the yoga moves..."

Baptiste Power Yoga Institute
2000 Massachusetts Ave.
Cambridge, MA.
Unique blend of strength, sweat and spirituality has proven popular with many a professional athlete and cancer patient.
Voter's comments: "Would recommend Baptiste overall. Teachers are well-educated."

O2 Yoga Studio
288 Highland Ave.
Somerville, MA
Offers unique blend of Ashtanga Yoga with a Vinyasa-flow format.
Voter's comments: "I love this place. I've never had a bad teacher. I decided to take an Ashtanga class there two years ago on my first visit. The teacher was so warm and encouraging, and I have been going ever since..."

Boston offers these and more excellent yoga studios in the City and surrounding area.

No comments:

Post a Comment